I know everything
At least so says the badge I picked up tonight at the Is Not party - and what a splendid party it was. There were bloggers, poets, designers, radio folks, publishers, editors, madcap dancers, musos, involved discussions about the political subtext of zombie films, newly engaged friends, and a total absence of mysterious, witty and seductive gentlemen making eyes at me. Ah well, you can't have everything I suppose.
Probably a good thing too - otherwise I should become jaded.**
** This message brought to you by a 100% totally not jaded Man About Town, who is about to saunter down to a nearby bar and position himself attractively in a corner. Wish me luck - or at least no hangover tomorrow!
Probably a good thing too - otherwise I should become jaded.**
** This message brought to you by a 100% totally not jaded Man About Town, who is about to saunter down to a nearby bar and position himself attractively in a corner. Wish me luck - or at least no hangover tomorrow!
Comments
The only boys who spoke to me were a couple of AFL loving types who I think wandered in not knowing what the whole thing was about. Sigh.
(I know you don't know me, but I wish you very well indeed.)
oh well, next week.
ps Richard, NOBODY does man about town with your levels of vigour and panache.
pps word verification describes you perfectly: sxibuns
Meva - thank you for the generous thoughts; much appreciated. I have had an engaging, hectic but enjoyable couple of days, which have included more episodes of Dr Who, a MIAF show, several lines of cocaine, and dancing to 80's music, although not necessarily in that order. To be honest everything after the coke is a bit of a blurrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Elaine - thank you. You, madame, are charming, witty and all too rougish. I suspect that should you cordially ask me to walk a plank, I would be hard-pressed to say no. Oh, and I officially second the suckness of missing Ro.
Anything visual arty, magaziney will get me there.